With the number of dementia patients increasing, it is becoming increasingly important to find door locks that are not only secure and durable but also safe for those with dementia. In this blog article, we will look at the best door locks for dementia patients – highlighting their features and helping you decide which one might be best for your needs. So if you’re looking for a good solution for protecting the safety of your loved one with dementia, read on to discover more.
Top 9 Best Door Locks For Dementia Patients in 2023
- PREVENT ACCESS TO KEYHOLE – This door knob lock-out device prevents turning of knob and access to keyhole, ensuring others with a key are not able to unlock the door. For use with keyholes in round door knobs of up to 2-7/16 in. outside diameter.
- FOR RENTALS, EVICTIONS AND MORE – This lockout device is often used in evictions, rentals, home sales, job sites and in-home or office storage.
- QUICK, EASY INSTALLATION – Installation is quick and easy – just place door knob lock-out device over the door knob, lock and go!
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – With diecast construction and a gray painted finish, this lock-out device is built to last. Cylinder is held in place with an O-ring and is removable when device is open and unlocked. The cylinder cannot be removed when device is closed and locked.
- PREVENTS - This lock out device is designed to prevent turning of knob and access to keyhole.
Keep your home/office safety:wireless door sensor chime offers a generous detection area of nearly 260 feet. You could hear doorbell chime as visitors or guests arrive to your home, store, office etc. It sounds to notify you someone enter into, or alert you intruder trying to entry your home. Or remind you when your children/Elderly Dementia Patients open the door/window and sneak around.
Multiple melodies&Loud chime-The receiver Unit has 58 ringtones for your choice. 5 adjustable volume levels from 0 dB to 110 dB.
Provide peace of mind for the hearing impaired: With the built-in LED indicator, the wireless door alert receiver and sensor offer additional assistance when coupled with the receiver to the hearing impaired. Difficulty hearing is no problem with this wireless system.
Easy installation: Plug and Play, Plug the Receiver into an standard Outlet, tear the double-side adhesive tape of the Door / Window sensor and stick them to any door or window.
Customize and Expandable. Each receiver can work with 50 door window magnetic sensors, each transmitter can pair with 20pcs receivers and set to different or same music. 100 Days Full Refund or Replacement (If the order is over 30 days, please contact us by email.).Not satisfied with our product? Return it to us within 100 days and get 100% of your money back!
- LOUD ALARM: The 120 DB security alarm is perfect for signaling to you when there is an unwanted entry. Audible at over 750 feet it sounds loud so the person knows they should stop what they are doing. Great for prevention, protect your children’s rooms or stop anyone from sneaking out or in.
- WIRELESS ALARM SENSOR: No wiring is necessary and 3 LR44 batteries are included in each device. Made to last 6 - 12 months these batteries in the alarms will be charged for extended periods of time. When it’s time to change, you’ll know. With the intuitive low battery indicator you can easily find out when you’ll have to change the batteries.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The wireless security alarms can be installed anywhere with an opening. Simply use the adhesive provided and tape it to wherever you need! Windows, doors, and entrances simple and straightforward with the alarm. The minimum distance for the device to work is 15mm (0.6 inches), so when installing make sure to get both pieces of the alarm as close as possible.
- SLEEK DESIGN FOR HOUSE- With an ultra slim build and sleek design these alarms can be put easily wherever you need them. Great for attaching to house doors, all types of apartments, and cabinet or office, put them where you see fit. They may be discreet and simple to install but don’t be deceived these alarms pack a punch, ready to deter any unwanted actions.
- PACKAGE INCLUDED: 3 * Alarms with tapes (Batteries included), 2 * Anti-noise Ear plugs, 1 * User manual.
- For Your Kid’s Safety and Your Peace of Mind… Worried about your child getting locked in? Keep your little one safe by installing child proof door knobs. These babyproofing locks prevent kids from going in and out of rooms unsupervised.
- Hard for Tiny Fingers to Take Apart … The Wappa Baby child safety door knob cover features a dual-lock system that adds a layer of protection to your babyproofing doorknob locks. Difficult to take apart unlike other safety knob covers.
- Versatile Design Works with Any Doorknob… These white baby proof door knob covers come in a pack of 4. They are compatible with standard round doorknobs and blend well with almost any home décor. Install them in kitchens, bedrooms, baths, etc.
- Robust Construction, Easy to Install… Made of durable BPA-free plastic, these kid proof door knob covers are tougher than most. The indestructible design allows you to reuse them multiple times. Installs in under 2 minutes—no tools required.
- Easy to Use for Adults… Don’t let kids in on the secret. The toddler proof door knob cover has holes where you can access and turn door knobs without removing the cover. This clever feature lets you open and close doors the usual way.
- DOORKNOB LOCK-OUT DEVICE – The Defender Security doorknob lock-out device can be placed directly over the doorknob to prevent access to the keyhole..Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.
- COVERS KEYHOLE – This doorknob security device is not designed to prevent turning an unlocked knob, but rather to block access to the locked keyhole, effectively keeping other keyholders out.
- REMOVABLE – The durable diecast cylinder is held in place with an O-ring and is removable when the device is unlocked and open. The cylinder cannot be removed when the device is closed and locked.
- DIMENSIONS – This lock-out device can protect round doorknobs that have a max diameter of 2-7/16”. Note that the shaft cut-out is oval/oblong in shape and measures 1-3/4 in. x 1-1/2 in., so it may fit loosely over doorknobs with round, slender shafts.
- APPLICATIONS – This lock-out device is often used in evictions, rentals, home sales, on job sites, in-home, in-office storage knobs and more. It can be used in any situation where you want to prevent others with keys from unlocking the doorknob.
- PLEASE MEASURE THE THICKNESS OF YOUR DOOR. Works on most hinged doors up to 1-3/8" thick (or up to 1-13/16" thick if you remove GlideLok's spacer bar). Works on interior / exterior doors, French doors, and doors with levers, knobs and large or uniquely shaped handles. Does NOT work on any type of sliding door on a track, such as bifold doors, pocket doors, or sliding glass doors. Also does NOT work on metal door frames, patio screen doors, storm doors or double doors that swing both ways.
- REQUIRES 1 SCREW (INCLUDED) TO BE DRILLED INTO YOUR DOOR FRAME. If you are installing on an exterior door that opens inward into your home, please note the screw will be drilled on the exterior/outside part of your door frame. The GlideLok has holes for the possible attachment of a hook or rod (NOT INCLUDED), which is helpful for especially tall doors / shorter adults. If you do not attach a rod, you must be able to reach the top of your door to slide the GlideLok back and forth.
- DURABLE METAL WON’T CRACK OR BEND LIKE CHEAP PLASTIC MODELS. GlideLok is the only top-of-door childproofing system of its kind made of high-quality painted metal, not flimsy plastic. So it will last you for years keeping toddlers from opening doors to unsafe areas in your home. The GlideLok makes your life easier and - most importantly - keeps your little ones safe.
- RESTS ON TOP OF THE DOOR SO KIDS CAN’T REACH IT. Unlike door knob covers or other door lever locks, the GlideLok sits on top of your door like a saddle, so it’s completely out of reach and your child can’t dismantle it. It is also unobtrusive and blends in with your décor. Most people won’t even realize it’s there.
- ADULTS CAN CONVENIENTLY LOCK AND UNLOCK THE DOOR FROM BOTH SIDES. Unlike other types of door lever handle locks, you will not get trapped in a room while your child wanders around the house alone. Adults can operate this lock from both sides of the door. Also, if you don’t need it locked for a period of time, simply leave the GlideLok disengaged and you won’t have to unlock every time.
- 【Childproof and Alzheimer's 】This reinforced door lock is spring-loaded to prevent children from slipping out and opening doors to strangers. Literally a lifesaver for anyone, especially a single busy mama! It is also a line of defense for those with wandering, elderly parents who are still living in the home. Great security for a home with dementia patients. But please install it on doors out of reach of children!
- 【Prevents strangers from breaking in】Made of sturdy materials, the lock is designed to withstand 800 pounds of force and is 12 times stronger than ordinary latches, sturdy and strong, effectively preventing doors from being kicked in or broken into and ensuring that no door can be opened from the outside. Ideal for aging parents and ladies when they are home alone. If you live in an apartment. It's easy to install and good for extra security. It is great as added protection and peace of mind.
- 【Easy to install and remove】Use a power screwdriver and drill bit to install the security latch on the door frame and complete the latch reinforcement installation in less than 5 minutes. Please note that our latches are best used on inward-opening doors and are to be installed on solid door frames. Both left and right locks are acceptable.
- 【Easy to lock and unlock】Place your index finger on the top of the lock and your thumb on the bottom, slide the lock away from the bottom plate in the direction of the hinge and pull outward, it can be easily unlocked by both women and men. Be assured that it cannot be accidentally locked from the outside.
- 【The best gift ever】Our door locks provide more protection and peace of mind for yourself and your family, making it a great gift for yourself and your family.
- Low-Profile Design Perfect for Renters – Its discreet, low-profile design makes this “barely-there” door reinforcement lock the ultimate guardian for door lock security. A no-hassle installation makes it ideal for both tenants and landlords, and offers peace of mind without damaging or altering most standard door frames. It’s also available in a variety of finishes to blend in and match existing CLT Sangyoge hardware.
- [Home is security blanket]--Home is the most secure place for everyone. Still, there are hidden risks for babies. Some rooms should not allow babies to enter alone. Including bathroom, storage room, kitchen and many others. Get our door knob cover to keep your babies away from these dangerous rooms or spaces.
- [Simple way to stay Safe]-- The special design allows adults to open door easily. All you need to do is press the double buttons and grip the knob. Installing and removing are also simple. Just set it on your door knob and make sure the cover is closed properly. Safety assured! If you want to remove our product, use a screwdriver to remove it ease!
- [Chemicals free and Safe]--Made of Eco-Friendly PP and TPR material. Our door knob covers passed the Migration of Certain Elements Test(EN71). You can set your mind at ease knowing that no toxic chemicals will harm your babies.
- [Fit standard door knob]-- Designed to be compatible with standard spherical door knobs; also blends perfectly with your home decor.
- [Warranty ]--If you're not satisfied with our product, we provide prompt and full refund!
We can all agree that secure door locks are essential for dementia patients, providing safety and peace of mind for both them and their caregivers. The products we’ve reviewed today serve as a good starting point when it comes to deciding on the best lock for someone with dementia. Safety should be at the forefront of any decision making process involving those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia – but thankfully, now you have an idea of where to start!